Saturday, April 05, 2003

Down with long lines!

Have you ever been so upset over long lines at a grocery or retail store that you just left your basket and walked out of the store? I do this more and more these days. Tonight I was at an Albertsons grocery and spent 10 minutes gathering up some items. When I got to the front to check out there was one checkout stand open and a line of 10 people waiting to pay for their groceries. Without hesitation I dumped my armful of groceries in an empty basket and walked out. I voted with my feet.

Wal-mart is one of the worst retailers at expediting check out. They do most things very well but their checkout lines are often too long. If I walk in and see long lines at Wal-Mart I just turn around and leave. Once in a while I just leave a basket of abandoned groceries at Wal-Mart. I don't enjoy causing associates extra work but if we'd all refuse to wait in long lines the retailers would get the message and fix the problem.

No comments: