Saturday, December 20, 2003

PETA

The group called the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) and OkiePundit share a general interest in humane treatment of animals but PETA's tactics are very detrimental to the humane movement. They use shocking tactics that do nothing but fuel the erroneous stereotype of the misanthrope humanitarian (talk about oxymoron). I know a lot of humanitarians, animal-rights activists, vegetarians, etc in Oklahoma and I don't know any that would fit in the universe of PETA. The ones I know care about both humans and animals (non-humans).

PETA seems to be a Hollywood-oriented group of people whose hearts are in the right place but have not a clue about persuasion or a shred of common sense. I sometimes wonder if PETA isn't secretly funded by the NRA in an effort to discredit humanitarians. For the reasonable person I would refer you to the Humane Society of the United States - a much larger, and saner organization.

No comments: