I went recently to the Victory Christian Center's Dream Center in north Tulsa to try to volunteer to help the low income people that come to the center for assistance or recreation. I didn't realize I'd get the third degree. I was given a questionaire only slightly shorter that what I imagine the CIA would use. Among the questions I was asked to answer were:
- Have you kept yourself from immoral sexual activity such as fornication and adultery for at least the last 12 months?
- Have you kept yourself from pornography (including movies rated R, X, or NC-17) for at least the last 12 months?
- Have you kept yourself from ever practicing homosexuality or incest?
- Do you pray regularly?
- Are you currently living with your spouse?
- Do you read the Bible regularly?
They also wanted a personal testimony, a criminal records check, a history of my residences.
I'm currently looking for an opportunity to volunteer somewhere that will let me help without doing a total dump of my private information and my most personal thoughts and beliefs.