Saturday, January 17, 2004

Adventures in Customer Service

I just spent almost 50 minutes trying to get an egg and sausage biscuit from McDonalds. I went through the drive through and peeked into the bag to check the order when they gave it to me but it wasn't until I got home and unwrapped the food that I found the sausage and egg biscuit had no sausage or egg on it. I went back. The place was in chaos when I walked in. A middle-aged woman was yelling at her co-workers to stop serving breakfast. Customers were yelling that they had been standing in line for 30-minutes and wanted their (*%* breakfasts. I got in line and worked my way to the front. By this time the whole system had broken down and the English-speaking staff was yelling at the apparently uncomprehending Hispanic cooks. All of them ignored the customers for a good ten minutes while they yelled at each other. By the time I got my chance to be waited on I settled for french fries instead of hashbrowns and no apology. I just wanted to get out of there and never come back. If the food hadn't of been meant for my daughter I would have just thrown my naked biscuit at them all and left.

Note: if you ever want to give a company a piece of your mind, try www.planetfeedback.com

No comments: