Monday, October 18, 2004

Ed Koch lost his marbles?

Ed Koch, former mayor of New York, is on the Daily Show telling me he doesn't agree with President Bush on any domestic issue - but is supporting Bush for re-election for the single reason he thinks the President is better at guarding us against terrorism. I had a pretty good opinion of Koch but if that's his reasoning ability these days I have to rethink that opinion. Ok, I rethought it. Koch has lost it.

If America really thought like Koch apparently does we'd be so obsessed with terrorism we could no longer think straight. We'd toss out our liberties, our principles, our freedom - which is exactly what terrorism's objectives are. We would no longer be the United States - at least not the United States I love.

There's more to life than mere survival.


No comments: