Tuesday, September 21, 2004

A Day's Mail

Judging by the links I receive I'm aware that many of my readers are from other countries. Many of you have emailed to ask me to talk more about what life is like in the middle of the USA. With this in mind I thought I'd let you know what mail I received in my mailbox today:

  • an appeal for money from the American Cancer Society
  • an appeal for money from the John 3:16 Mission
  • an appeal for money from Dennis Hastert, Speaker of the US House of Representatives (the appeal was disguised as a "policy survey"
  • an appeal for money from the Republican National Committee
  • an appeal for money from the Democratic National Committee
  • an appeal for money from James Carville on behalf of the Democratic National Committee
  • a sales appeal (disguised as an invoice) from Internet Corporation Listing Service
  • a sales appeal from AARP for their long-term care insurance
  • a sales appeal from American Airlines Citi credit card

No letters from friends. Not even any news. Just people wanting my money. That's what's in a typical mailbox in Oklahoma USA.


No comments: