Monday, October 11, 2004

Rant-miester

If I start sounding like Dennis Miller would you promise to slap me up side the head with a tire tool? Tonight I suffered through a few minutes of his show on CNBC while he praised VP Cheney for being macho (like Dennis I guess). Watching Miller reminds me how lucky we are to have Jon Stewart around.

I have to admit that I don't agree with the acerbic Miller on much of anything but if he delivered his comedy with the style of Stewart I might be able to watch. Miller has published a book called "the Rant Zone" which nicely encapsulates his style - ranting.

Miller makes no bones about his political objectives for his show. About President Bush he says, "I like him, I'm going to give him a pass. I take care of my friends." Miller can talk to his friends all he wants - I'll be watching the Daily Show on Comedy Central.

No comments: